The general purpose of the CCTV is to prevent and reduce crime. In theory, this happens because of one or more of these reasons:
JSC|JUSTIFY CORRECT SOLUTION “SECURITY IS OUR PRIORITY”….You might be wondering whether hiring a security company for your business is worthwhile or a good idea. It is a question, which most probably many businesses, large, medium or small ask. In order to make a reasonable amount of profit, cutting down on unnecessary expenditure is important. The monthly sales of products or services might be very high for some companies. However, they still cannot seem to make enough money or profit to continue to run their business successfully. One of the major reasons is because they failed to control their monthly expenses. They spent more than they earned or perhaps, nearly as much they earned every month. Getting whatever that is relevant for your business is wise. Is hiring a security company necessary? There are various factors to be considered before you do so. The first question might be the size of your company. If your company is very huge, large or even medium, hiring good security personnel might be a smart move. It does not matter whether your company has highly advanced security or alarm systems. Someone needs to observe the CCTVs or alarm systems now and then. Some companies have the tendency to take action after the crime or problem happens. This is called corrective action. The smarter thing to do would be to take preventive action. Rather than wait for the problem or crime to happen, it is better to prevent it. A security officer would usually observe the happenings at your company’s premises by patrolling the area, watching the CCTVs or alarm systems. An experienced security officer might be able to detect something suspicious. So, before the crime or problem can happen, he might be able to help prevent it by taking the necessary action. In the event that a major theft was to occur, your company may end up losing much money. If your company was producing consumer goods, which were stored at your company’s warehouse, the chances for theft to happen are high. Many companies have lost their goods especially at night. Even if your company has an intricate alarm system and sets it at night, it might be too late by the time the police arrive at your company. The theft might have happened and the thieves might have gotten away. At times, emergencies could happen. If your company were to catch fire, the damage could be severe depending on certain factors. If one or two security guards were around at that the time of the fire, they might be able to do something about it to reduce the damage or even extinguish the fire. Unlike many years ago, nowadays, emergency crisis training in the event of fire, disorder or such has become part of the training curriculum for security guards. In short, it might be safe to say that hiring a security company for your business especially if it is a large or medium one is beneficial and not wasteful. It is possible to save a great deal of money. With the aid of security personnel, crimes like theft might be prevented.Read More
Night club security officers are responsible for much more than the guest list.
A job as a night club security officer might seem glamorous since you work around beautiful men and women out on the town for a night of enjoyment. This occupation, however, is not easy, as you must be able to handle stressful and sometimes chaotic situations with authority. A night club security officer must be a strong leader who is able to command respect and maintain a safe atmosphere for patrons and employee
WHAT TO DO!!
Improve your body strength through weight training and exercise. A night club security officer needs to have a commanding presence and the ability to use force if absolutely necessary.
Take courses in conflict management. The major role of a security officer is to diffuse a tense situation before it turns violent. Conflict management training gives you the tools and tricks you need to quickly assess situations that happen on the job.
Earn certification in CPR and other first-aid procedures. A night club security officer is generally the person who tends to injured patrons before emergency personnel arrives.
Assess your background. A common stereotype is that night club security bouncers love to fight and have criminal backgrounds. However, this is not true for many establishments. Many night clubs hire off-duty police officers as security, while others only hire security officers with clean criminal records.
Build a rapport with the personnel of the club where you want to work. Many night club managers only hire security officers through referrals. They want someone they can trust with the success and manageability of their club.
Establish relationships with other night club security officers that work in your area. Other security guards can offer advice for certain situations that commonly come up in area night clubs. Fellow officers can also give you heads up on job leads.
In Malaysia Security Guard Job last layer Job group… Here we give some tips for you all to prepare yourself toward Your Security Guard Job.
#1. Seek Further Security Training
Perhaps something negative happened and your boss does not feel as though you are as sharp at your job as you once were. One major tip to keeping your security job is to further your training. There are multiple classes you can take to make you even better at your job. While you are in training, take lots of notes and keep a close eye on what they are saying. Feel free to job shadow another security guard because maybe they have some tips to help you improve in your current job.
#2. Always Do What is Right (Corrective Action)
No matter where you work, you might run into some dishonest people. The best part about doing what is right in your job is that you will always come in on top. Simple things like showing up to work on time and being honest about the amount of hours you work are just a few ways you can do what is right. Completing paperwork and helping out your fellow security guards will also help you keep your security guard job. Hopefully your boss and co-workers will see that you always aim to do the right thing and that will help leave a good mark on your career.
#3. Have a Good Attitude
In order to keep any job, you need to have a good attitude. A lot of people come to work and continue to whine and put others down. Having a good attitude will allow you to keep your security job because you will be seen as an asset to the team. You will also bring good morale to the company, which in return will help your reputation and work ethic.
#4. Stick it Out
There may be times when the weather is rough at your security guard job. In the end, one of the best pieces of advice is to stick it out. Every job has its ups and downs. You might get a new boss, or have to deal with several co-workers, but the bottom line is that you stick it out and see your job for what it’s worth. You are there to protect individuals and property, so no matter what may come your way, pushing through the storm is one of the best tips for keeping your security guard job.
These are great tips for keeping your security guard job. When times get tough and you think your job might be on the line, just step it up with these tips.Read More
Maintaining a Positive Attitude in the Workplace
|Step 1: Overcome Your Recession FearsStep 2: Check Vital Signs
Step 3: Create Your Career Backup Plan
Step 4: Ask for a Raise
Step 5: Get Your Career
Step 6: Get Ahead at Work During a Recession
Step 7: Learn from Famous Career Resurrections
Step 8: Stay Positive During a Recession
Step 9: Build and Maintain Your Professional Network
With the current American economy in a recession, it can be difficult to maintain a positive attitude in the workplace. In fact, sometimes it can seem like Mission Impossible. Instead of falling victim to the negative work attitudes that surround you, make an effort to buck the trend. Look for the good in your coworkers and your workplace. By learning how to communicate with coworkers effectively, you will gain recognition as a force of positive attitude in the workplace. Here are some beginning steps for how to communicate with coworkers effectively:
MORE RECESSION ADVICE:
- Be appreciative
- Recharge yourself
- Volunteer your time
- Avoid negative work attitudes
By following the specific strategies below, you’ll learn how to communicate with coworkers effectively, and lend to a positive attitude in the workplace.
It is always nicer to get a pat on the back rather than to get stabbed in the back. If you’re wondering “how do I change my negative attitude,” start by observing how you communicate with coworkers. If you practice asking useful questions, giving accolades and being gracious at work for two weeks, you’ll notice a difference in the people you work with and in your own feelings about work.
Stay Positive Checkup Questions:
- How often do you show appreciation at work?
- Are there opportunities to energize your coworkers?
- What is the key to increasing a positive attitude in the workplace?
It’s easier than you think to create a positive attitude in the workplace – simply, show appreciation for your coworkers.
How to Communicate With Coworkers Effectively:
- Give thanks. Thank coworkers for the work they do that makes your job easier – including the peers, managers and office assistants. Even thank the security guard for making you feel safe at work. Cultivate a thankful, positive attitude in the workplace, and in return you’ll notice a change in how coworkers treat you.
- Acknowledge a job well done. One of our favorite ways to create positive energy at work is to give a “Most Valuable Player” award. Once a month, stage a vote for the office MVP – asking each voter to include why their nominee should get the award. You can even have employees vote on what the award will be, from premium parking to a tiara or crown.
- Celebrate. Take the time to celebrate birthdays, holidays, life changes and achievements. Not sure how to celebrate? Bring in a Nerf football; bake cookies and bring them to work; or put up a graffiti poster where people can leave positive comments.
A favorite quote of ours is “A dead battery can’t charge a dead battery.” Stop complaining about negative work attitudes and lend your own energy to creating a more positive attitude in the workplace. Be the office live wire!
Stay Positive Checkup Questions:
- How can one person increase the positive attitude in the workplace?
- What specific things can someone do to tap into the energy of others?
- How can you maintain a more energetic and positive attitude in the workplace?
Bringing more energy to work can seem draining. But everyone we’ve talked to who tries it finds that they get more energy in return.
How to Communicate with Coworkers Effectively:
- Be enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is infectious. If you’re going to spend eight hours a day at work, why not make it more than just tolerable. Make an effort to smile, laugh, and enjoy your job. If you work to create a more positive attitude in the workplace, others will follow.
- Practice random acts of kindness. Each day try to do something kind and helpful. Offer to cover for a coworker so they can attend their kid’s soccer game, bring a busy colleague a cup of coffee, or volunteer for a project. You don’t have to create elaborate situations, just keep your eyes out for opportunities to do a good deed.
- Look for opportunities to have fun. We all know someone who can make anything fun–and make time fly. Be that person. It’s amazing how a joke here and a silly celebration there can breathe life into a stale office. Before you know it, other people will start coming to work with more bounce in their step.
Volunteer Your Time
Now is the perfect time to find a way to contribute to the greater good in your workplace. No matter how busy you are, look for five minutes that you can give every day. Others are sure to appreciate your efforts and you might even enjoy it.
Stay Positive Checkup Questions:
- How do you find opportunities to volunteer?
- What are the best places to volunteer?
- Isn’t it best to volunteer outside of your organization?
Try these strategies for effective volunteering:
How to communicate with Coworkers Effectively:
- Pitch in. If your office coffee pot or refrigerator seem to become a science project, break the cycle by pitching in to clean it out once a week. Then encourage others to help out. Even relatively small things (like a clean place to store your lunch) can dramatically improve the positive attitude in the workplace.
- Contribute to the community. Instead of getting sucked into office drama, create positive energy by volunteering outside of the office. Explore topics that are interesting to you such as homelessness, drama or adult literacy then find an existing program that needs volunteers. We’ve done all of the above and we were paid back a hundredfold.
- Don’t overlook the need within. Recently we were in a grocery store that was holding a fundraiser for another employee who had medical problems. They talked at length about how this brought everyone closer. When looking for a project, don’t overlook the needs and concerns of your coworkers.
Avoid Negative Work Attitudes
Negative work attitudes create a vicious cycle that can rob energy from an organization. If you’re famous for your awful moods and stinging commentary, try something new.
Stay Positive Checkup Questions:
- Can you resist sarcasm?
- Do you look for the good in people?
- Do you avoid stabbing people in the back?
Avoiding negative work attitudes is easier than it might seem.
How to communicate with Coworkers Effectively:
- Resist sarcasm. One of us grew up on the East Coast where sarcasm seems to be as natural as breathing. It’s tough to break the cycle of sarcasm, but it’s worth the trouble. If you’re feeling sarcastic, challenge yourself to come up with something clever to say that energizes the positive attitude in the workplace, rather than depleting your coworker’s energy.
- Look for the good. It’s easy to get caught in an office drama trap. Instead of blaming and gossiping, focus on the good qualities of your coworkers. You’ll be surprised by how much of a positive attitude in the workplace this will create and how much more productive you and your coworkers will be.
- Stab ‘em in the front. This came from one of our uncles. He was fond of saying, “Friends stab friends in the front.” Again, resist the temptation to stab coworkers in the back. Instead, challenge yourself to be honest with coworkers without being mean.
Being a security guard for any kind of day or night time job requires more than just walking around and making sure things or parameters are safe and clear. Communication skills are an important part of the job. As a security guard you have to learn how to communicate orders and follow protocol given and to follow the specifications of your security job.
Communicating with others who you will come in contact with can be another reason you should know how to express commands or instructions to follow if a variety of different situations. You will need to follow the procedures and policies of the company you work for and sometimes you will need to explain those policies to other people.
Some companies will require you to come in contact with various different people. People like contractors, customers and sometimes the owner of a company will be among those you will need to interact with on a regular basis. These situations are usually unannounced and unpredictable.
It is crucial that a security guard’s communication skills be up to par prior to starting any job. Your communication skills will have to be very sharp. If lack of communication skills is present, it is possible to not only lose your current position, but you may lose the opportunity to take on other work as a security guard.
Not only are communications important when it comes to dealing with contractors, customers or owners, but communication is key when it comes to your co-workers as well. In many instances, you will find yourself working with someone or communicating with your shift relief. This way your position is known and you’re safe at the same time. It is important to relay key information to your partner and/or shift relief while on duty. Other security guards need to know your whereabouts and your findings in order to properly do their job as well.
If you lack in communication your security guard job can become hard and even impossible to do. You have to know how to communicate with others so that the job can be done properly and safely. Reports must get completed for the next shift and also for the company you’re securing. You must know how to fill out your reports with exact time and locations you’ve completed your daily or nightly security tasks.
Communication skills are not only limited to verbal, but written communication skills are imperative too. The key to safely securing any site that you are guarding is communication. Ensure that you have the right communication skills for the job.Read More
The most important thing in battle is not getting killed. Then you worry about killing the enemy. Simple in theory, not simple in practice. It is mostly common sense but it is amazing how many people lack common sense.
Being shot is the last thing anyone wants to happen to them. It hurts and can be very fatal. The best way to avoid getting shot and killed is to not attend the war. Unfortunately this is not always a choice.
Another method to avoid getting shot is to prevent the enemy from seeing you. If he doesn’t know you are there he can’t shoot you right?
Okay. You have to shoot him, that is your job and by shooting at him he quickly learns that you are there. The enemy is mostly likely just like you, he doesn’t want to get shot and killed and his job is to shoot you.
Now you both know the other person is out there. You may not always know exactly where the other person is however. Standing out in the open lets the enemy find you and shoot you quickly. Getting behind a bush delays the enemy from figuring out where to shoot at. Bullets go through bushes and if the enemy guesses right you get shot and that is very bad.
To avoid having the enemy get lucky you have to get behind something that can stop bullets, like a rock, a car, ect. Simple stuff.
If the enemy knows where you are he can still aim and shoot you if you keep trying to shoot him. You can aim too. However, by aiming you are taking the chance that the enemy will get lucky and shoot you first so you will probably try to be quick about shooting at the enemy. Quick does not mean accurate, but the enemy is probably in the same situation so neither one of you is very accurate.
In order to fire effectively at the enemy several firing requirements must be met.
1. He must be able to find and know where you are.
2. He must have a target to shoot at. He can know you are behind a car but that doesn’t mean he can shoot you unless you give him something (like your head) to shoot at.
3. He must be able to aim. If you don’t aim your accuracy will suffer dramatically.
This is where tactics come into effect. The best marksman cannot hit the broad side of a barn if he is not willing to take a shot at it. An enemy machine gunner cannot shoot you if he is not willing to expose themselves and fire at you. Sticking your gun out of cover and firing blindly is still a dangerous thing to do because you might get a hand shot off. Besides, it is very unlikely you will hit anything.
By firing more bullets you might intimidate the enemy and ruin his aim. By firing more bullets you might even get lucky but probably not. If the enemy gets scared and gets behind something that stops bullets you can take your time to aim and wait for him to stick his head out. When he does stick his head out to see where you are at, you can drill him right between the eyes.
Make it harder for the enemy to see you and you make it harder for him to shoot you, period.
This is where teamwork comes into play. One on one is not a battle, it is a fight. A battle involves multiple opponents. One of my favorite sayings is “Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.” If they are shooting at someone else they are not shooting at you. However, you have a duty to the person who is being shot at to make the enemy stop. He would do the same for you right?
When the enemy is not shooting at you then you can take the time to aim at the enemy and fire accurately. A lot of confusion comes from the fact that nobody knows who is being shot at or where the enemy is. The enemy may not see all of your team, just a few individuals. If he doesn’t see you he isn’t shooting at you. . .
If the enemy is shooting he is easier to find. Follow the noise and muzzle flash, then shoot there. You get the picture.
The enemy might see you and fire at you. You can stand in the open and pretend to be Rambo for the brief period of time it will take for the enemy to shoot you or you can take countermeasures.
Countermeasures will make it harder for the enemy to see and shoot you. They will give the enemy less of a target to shoot and may confuse him. Countermeasures don’t work if you remain stationary and they are called Evasive Movement. Key word ‘Movement’.
So the big question is, if you’re a security guard, how can you avoid being shot while protecting people, places, and things on the job? It’s not completely out of your hands.
Here are some steps you can take:
- Be extra aware at entry and exit points. Entry and exit points are often dangerous because your scope of vision is minimal. You can only see what is directly outside the door and if it is dark you might not be able to see much farther that the entry or exit way. Go slow and listen carefully. Trust your instincts as they are often right. Look for things that might be out of place and suggest that someone might have been there recently if you are familiar with the area. Use all of your senses and be extra careful.
- Be ready to diffuse public disturbances and be aware of the body signals and behaviors that people around you are displaying. Is there someone that looks especially nervous? Is someone playing with something in their pocket? Keep alert and watch other people that are in the vicinity.
- Wear protective body armor if possible. If you are in a situation that is more dangerous than usual, it would not be out of line to ask your employer to provide a bullet proof vest for that occasion.
- Never let your mind wander. Many of the incidences that involve the shooting of a security guard have happened when the security guard was caught unawares.
A security guard (or security officer) is a person who is paid to protect property, assets, or people. Security guards are usually privately and formally employed civilian personnel. Often, security officers are uniformed and act to protect property by maintaining a high visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing (either directly, through patrols, or by watching alarm systems or video cameras) for signs of crime, fire or disorder; then taking action and reporting any incidents to their client and emergency services as appropriate.
A Security Guard must inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering. Some Security Guards drive and guard armored vehicle to transport money and valuables to prevent theft and ensure safe delivery.
A Security Guard must be capable of writing reports about the daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences. He or she must be well versed in the English Language, able to read and write with proper grammar and spelling.
In addition, many Security Guards are required to have Computer skills – using word processing and spreadsheet programs for database entries.
While on duty, a Security Guard must call the police or fire departments in cases of emergency. Usually, a guard cannot make an official arrest, which is why fast thinking and good communication skills are important when contacting the police or fire department.
A Security Guard is also expected to have knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
As mentioned earlier, the Security Guard must have good communication skills since they are working with all different types of people of different ethnic backgrounds, beliefs and understandings. The Security Guard must show great principles and show adequate processes for providing customer and personal services. The Security Guard must provide help for customer needs make assessment of situations, and above all – have a quality of standards for services that he/she provides.
Finally, a Security Guard must have full knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process. These things are imperative for a Security Guard to understand, because these rules and regulations are the basis for all proper actions taken as the Security Guard.
Pusat membeli-belah kelihatan seperti ruangan ketat dikawal dan selamat untuk membeli-belah, hiburan dan tempat makan. Namun mereka sebenarnya hadir masalah besar bagi orang-orang yang berada dalam menjaga keselamatan dan keselamatan peruncit dan pelanggan.
Pusat membeli-belah mempunyai banyak ciri-ciri yang menjadikan mereka menarik kepada penjenayah. Terdapat banyak perkara yang baik di kedai-kedai, dan orang berjalan di sekitar dengan wang. Terdapat biasanya tempat untuk kumpulan remaja untuk bergaul. Terdapat juga tempat letak kereta penuh kereta. Keselamatan dan keselamatan di pusat membeli-belah bergantung kepada pengurusan yang betul daripada orang ramai, pergerakan di sekitar pusat membeli-belah, pengangkutan dan jauh dari pusat membeli-belah, dan cara ia menghabiskan masa di pusat membeli-belah.
Ia akan menjadi agak mudah untuk menjaga pusat selamat jika terdapat satu cara untuk memberitahu yang datang ke pusat membeli-belah untuk membuat masalah, dan untuk menjaga orang-orang di luar. Walau bagaimanapun, ini adalah agak sukar. Jadi keselamatan di pusat membeli-belah bergantung kepada pemisahan berjaya antara pembeli atau pembeli yang berpotensi, dan bukan pembeli yang berada di sekeliling untuk jenayah, mencuri, pencopet, atau hanya tergantung di sekitar. Kualiti reka bentuk tertentu pusat boleh menggalakkan atau tidak menggalakkan bukan pembeli, seperti lampu, ketinggian siling, skim warna, kehadiran kemudahan pengangkutan awam, tempat letak kereta, dan lain-lain banyak.
Elakkan bukan pembeli kandungan berorientasikan, seperti permainan arked dan gerai tiket loteri. Perniagaan seperti menggalakkan peningkatan melepak dan gangguan di pusat membeli-belah, sekali gus membuka laluan untuk jenayah.
- Kedai-kedai yang berorientasikan keluarga harus lebih banyak daripada kedai remaja dan berorientasikan belia (seperti kedai-kedai muzik, kedai-kedai pakaian yang bergaya, panggung wayang, dan sebagainya). Mall yang keluarga dan mesra kanak-kanak adalah lebih cenderung untuk menarik orang ramai yang tenang, seperti keluarga, atau sekurang-kurangnya cenderung untuk mengimbangi kehadiran remaja.
- letakkan kedai-kedai yang merayu kepada belia dekat dengan pintu masuk dan medan selera. Ini boleh membantu menumpukan perhatian remaja untuk satu sebahagian daripada pusat membeli-belah, manakala kedai-kedai yang merayu kepada pembeli yang lebih tua boleh terletak di sebelah pusat membeli-belah lain.
- Koridor akhir sempit dan mati harus dielakkan. Koridor tersebut adalah tempat yang sempurna untuk rompakan dan mereka mendapat pengawasan sedikit.
- Semua kedai harus dilihat dari kawasan pejalan kaki pusat, dan semua pintu masuk kedai harus dari kawasan pejalan kaki yang sama. Kedai-kedai yang mempunyai pintu masuk dari koridor sampingan adalah lebih mungkin dirompak atau dipecahkan kepada kerana rakyat di kawasan pusat adalah mungkin untuk melihat apa yang sedang berlaku. Begitu juga, dengan kedai-kedai yang melihat satu kawasan pejalan kaki pusat, terdapat pemantauan lebih dekat orang bergerak di sekitar, di dalam dan keluar kedai.
- Mengurangkan bilangan pintu masuk. Mengurangkan bilangan pintu masuk, lebih mudah ia adalah untuk mengawal yang sebenarnya datang dalam atau meninggalkan pusat membeli-belah.
- Tempat letak kereta perlu juga dinyalakan dan ditanda dengan baik, dalam usaha untuk mengurangkan ketakutan dalam pelanggan, dan mengurangkan peluang untuk pesalah.
Security is our business and we offer something different, combining enterprise, creativity and fantastic service. Quality is built into everything we do, so we target a market of security users who appreciate a quality security guard company. We feel absolutely certain you will find our business methods refreshing and confirm JSC Security has a distinct competitive edge over our competitors.
Distraction burglary is any crime where a falsehood, trick or distraction is used to gain access to a property to commit burglary.
Victims of distraction burglary can suffer terribly both emotionally and physically.
Violence is increasingly being used by offenders against the elderly in order to gain entry to their homes and steal their property. Unfortunately, some victims suffer a decline in health and even die as a result of the trauma caused.Did you know…?
Crime prevention advice – Distraction burglary:
- If you’re not sure who is at your door, don’t open it. Check the identity of the caller by calling the company they are purporting to be from i.e. gas, electricity, water, police. Use the telephone numbers listed in your local directory or provided independently by your service provider – Do not use any telephone numbers provided by the caller – they may be bogus.
- Telephone a neighbour or friend nearby to come along and check out the caller before you open the door to them. Some areas in the country have “nominated neighbour schemes” you can sign up to. Check with your local police to find out if there is one in your area.
- Many service providers provide password schemes, sign up to these. When unannounced callers knock at your door they should know the password if they are genuine.
- The “Waterboard” no longer exists, it is an obsolete phrase used only by bogus callers.
- Don’t keep large quantities of cash at home; put it in the bank where it is safe.
- Keep doors locked and windows secure at all times.
- Ensure that if you do let somebody in to your home, that you close the door behind them – distraction burglars often work in teams, where one will distract you whilst others sneak in through the insecure door.
- If somebody asks for your help – needs to make a telephone call, lost a ball in your garden, needs a drink or pen and paper for example, refer them to a younger neighbour or assist them through a closed door. Alternatively, call a friend or neighbour to come and assist.
- Not sure? Don’t open the door.