Security Guards, also called as Ssecurity Officers, perform a vital function in numerous industries worldwide. Whether armed or unarmed, mobile or stationary, or uniform or plain clothes, they help their employers protect property and interests, while also supplementing the crime-detection efforts of traditional law enforcement agencies. As a result, they are frequently best situated to identify potential criminal acts.
- Closely monitoring their assigned location, be it static or patrolled, allows security guards to spot suspicious behavior and prevent problems, including illegal activity.
- Security personnel who guard entrances and exits must thoroughly screen people and packages to make sure no unauthorized items or individuals go where they shouldn’t.
- A variety of tools help security guards enforce the law and rules, including communication devices like radios, monitoring devices like security cameras, detection devices like scanners and defensive instruments like batons.
- When emergencies occur, security guards are often responsible for directing people in the area to safety, contacting emergency responders, attempting to determine the source of the problem and containing the threat.
- In the event of violations, security guards must be capable of discussing the situation with supervisors and sometimes even testifying during legal proceedings.
Prompt reporting for duty is must for all officers. Attendance plays a major role in the officer of the month and quarter selections, pay raises, promotions, and of course, retention of the job. However, from time to time, it is expected that each officer will be required to be tardy or miss an appointed shift altogether. During the 90-day probation period, a security officer can accumulate 6 points before being terminated for cause. After this period, an officer may accumulate 12 points before being terminated with cause. The officer managing the Security Desk and Personnel Gate must be thoroughly familiar with absentee procedures and all required paperwork to support such an absence. There are four occasions when paperwork must be completed and approved by the shift supervisor to support employee absences. They are:
1. No Call/No Show: This form will be completed, normally by the shift supervisor. This form documents details of an officer, who did not report forduty as scheduled and who has not called giving reasons for his/her absence.
2. Absentee Call/In Form: This form will be completed to support the details surrounding an officer who is unable to report to work for a scheduled shift. The call should be received at least 2 hours before the shift was to begin, if possible.
3. Tardy Checklist: This form is used to document details supporting an officer being late (tardy) arriving at work. The call should be received at least 2 hours before the shift was to begin if possible. Tardy with report is ½ point and tardy with no report is 1 point.
4. Checklist For Officer Leaving Before End Of Shift: Circumstances may occur which require an officer to be absent from his/her post after they have assumed post duties. These circumstances should in all cases be limited to family or officer emergencies only. Should this happen, the shift supervisor will document the occasion using the checklist.
NOTE: An officer should always be properly relieved before departing from the post.
Security officers must meet certain standards of appearance because of their important position of being among the first to greet visitors to the Plant. While other employees may occasionally present a casual or even unkempt appearance, security officers should never do so, even during the night shift hours. Security officers will report for duty in a clean, neatly pressed, serviceable uniform worn completely and correctly. Articles will not be carried in the pockets that will cause a bulge. The breast shield will be worn where it is visible at all times. Black shoes, black socks, and black belts will be worn.
The normal standard of appearance Of Security Officer includes:
1. Clean and freshly ironed shirt.
2. Clean and neatly pressed uniform pants.
3. Wearing the complete uniform with all brass attached and buttons fastened.
4. Shoes cleaned and shined.
5. Clean-shaven, mustaches not to extend beyond the corners of the mouth.
6. (Men) – Hair neatly cut and combed above the collar. (Women) – Hair neatly combed, and styled.
7. Nails clean and trimmed.
8. Keeping items that cause bulging out of pockets.
9. Sideburns to extend no lower than the lowest opening of the ear.
10. Uniform requirements include:
a. Black steel-toed shoes
b. White short-sleeved uniform shirt
c. Navy blue uniform slacks
d. Badge and other assigned brass
e. Name tag
f. Picture I.D./Matrix Card
g. Black belt
h. Black socks
i. White t-shirt with no picture or words
j. Black ink pen and notebook with a black cover
k. Flashlight with holder
l. Safety button
so I’m sure the client will look to support the vibrant to the security company. At this time the market needs an elite security officers at this time. JSC Security provides quality security officers. If and to obtain security services from our company, please contact the Marketing Officer Our online 03-3324 8811 or 0163404094
Menteri Dalam Negeri, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein pada Khamis menafikan dakwaan awam bahawa wujud peningkatan kadar jenayah di negara ini. Beliau berkata rekod polis tidak menunjukkan sebarang peningkatan kadar jenayah seperti didakwa oleh pihak-pihak tertentu. Kepentingan awam semasa dalam isu jenayah telah membentuk satu persepsi bahawa kadar jenayah semakin meningkat khusus menerusi media sosial, katanya ketika mengulas komen beberapa pihak tertentu bahawa indeks jenayah rendah yang dilaporkan oleh kementerian tidak menggambarkan keadaan kadar jenayah sebenar. Ini berikutan paparan beberapa klip video dalam media sosial seperti Facebook yang menunjukkan seorang wanita disamun di parkir sebuah pusat membeli-belah. Hishammuddin berkata demikian selepas menutup mesyuarat dua hari Panel Antarabangsa Kajian Semula Mengurangkan Kadar Jenayah 2012 dalam Bidang Keberhasilan Utama Negara (NKRA) .
Hishammuddin berkata secara realiti, usaha polis mengurangkan jenayah jalanan adalah amat berkesan dan orang awam kurang melaporkan kes jenayah. Sementara itu, Clarke mencadangkan supaya kerajaan menjalin lebih banyak kerjasama dengan masyarakat perniagaan bagi terus membanteras jenayah. “Dengan penyertaan daripada masyarakat perniagaan akan membantu polis mengurangkan kadar jenayah dan membina sebuah masyarakat yang lebih selamat,” katanya.
Do what you can to make your home as safe as possible. It all starts by becoming more active with your neighborhood. It’s true that anyone can become a victim of crime, but there are some very basic things that you can do to deter criminals from choosing you. People generally think of their homes as safe havens where the outside world can not get to them, but statistics constantly show that crime and home invasions are on the rise all over the Nation.
Crime In Your Neighborhood
One of the best ways to ensure that a burglar does not target your house for a break in is to make your entire block a highly secure area. This involves working with your neighbors so that everyone watches out for each other. Think of your block as a mini community, and you can rely on your neighbors to keep you safe just as much as they can rely on you.
Meet the people who live nearby, and get to know their names, what cars they have and exchange phone numbers. Keep a list of this contact information near a phone, so you can call anyone on your block should the need arise. Consider starting an official Neighborhood Watch Group and working with local law enforcement agencies to help watch over everyone in your neighborhood.